Apparently there is a neat way to do a slideshow in wordpress. I haven’t tried it out yet but wanted to record the link so I could do so in the future. If you try it out, feel free to leave comments here. HERE is the link to the blog with the directions.
Archive for the ‘random’ Category
I love my mom. : )
A beautiful prayer by Sue Monk Kidd
To be fully human, fully, myself,
To accept all that I am, all that you envision,
This is my prayer.
Walk with me out to the rim of life,
Take me to the exquisite edge of courage
And release me to become.
So in my room at Princeton Seminary I have one window. It is an old window that is controlled by wieghts attached to ropes. I think they are the original windows. There are three names etched into one the panes of glass:
- D. Turner
- K. J. Moore
- C. G. Vardell
I am intrigued about these past inhabitants of my room so I am trying to find out who there are. I think I might have found a winner with Rev. Dr. Charles Graves Vardell. Below is an excerpt from “Scots and Scots’ descendants in America” By Donald John MacDougall. Pretty neat.
- Address? Check!
- Someone to help me drive to NJ? Check!
- Write essay and curriculum vitae for the grant I am applying for? Check!
Also accomplished today…
- Scanned a TON of documents to reduce the amount of paperwork I have to haul around
- Found PDFs of many of the owner’s manuals I had so I could lighten m load there
- Took all the pictures/stuff all the walls
- Got all the tchotchkes from around the apartment to pack
- Reserved a truck!
As it turns out, my dorm assignment is the same for Summer and Fall. Hopefully I won’t have to move out for the two week break. Even if I can’t stay during the break if my stuff can that would be awesome. It’s on the fourth floor, but I need the exercise anyway.
Still a lot to do…
- Shred the large stack of papers I have created with scanning
- Figure out which books I am taking to seminary and pack them all us (this is a biggie)
- Call everyone and their mother (figuratively) to let them know about my address change
- Find a storage unit near PTS
- Find people to help move furniture to my friends house and load boxes
- Various other little things
I guess that’s all for now…I am getting more excited now. I don’t think the goodbyes have become a reality yet.