Although written by a young man, this song from “Rent” became an anthem for women of a certain age ready to be taken on their own terms. Maureen and Joanne love each other, but they are *very* different.
Whether it’s new friends or new loves or new employers, what are five things people should know about you?
- There are certain noises that really bother me. They get in my head. Tapping is one of them. Potato chip bgs are another.
- I love chocolate. Hell, I love food!
- I don’t do chit chat very well. Just cut to the chase. Give me the bottom line.
- I’m not usually half hearted in anything. If you aren’t committed to the friendship/relationship/etc., it’s probably not going to work out.
- I often don’t “get” jokes. Don’t take it personally. My brain just doesn’t interpret tha kind of thing well.
(Video from the 10th Anniversary performance of “Rent” on Broadway, with original cast members Idina Menzel and Fredi Walker.)