For this weeks Friday Five at REVGALS, Sophia wrote
Last week Sally gave us a beautiful, spiritually reflective Friday Five, so it’s time for something light and fluffy (literally). It’s inspired by the fact that as I write this my dear spouse TechnoGuy, with the assistance of daughter Ladybug, is making a batch of chocolate chip pancakes with two Christmas presents. One is the Knott’s Berry Farm mix which came along with jam, boysenberry syrup, and biscuit mix from my aunt (we ended up with two sets, since my parents passed theirs on to avoid sweet and carb-y temptation). The other is the large size Black and Decker electric skillet he was thrilled that I got him online — our trusty wedding present normal size one still works at going on 20 years, but the Teflon is getting worn, and he wanted more cooking space. So pull up a chair to the kitchen table and tell us all about your pancake preferences.
1. Scratch or mix? Buttermilk or plain? Well, being that I have not had the opportunty to have pancakes from scratch (that I know ofor can remember) I’d have to say that scratch is okay by me. I wonder how wonderful “scratch” would be… Oh yeah…it’s buttermilk all the way!
2. Pure and simple, or with additions cooked in? As in most things, I am a purist. I don’t like other stuff interupting my enjoyment of a thing. (i.e., I don’t like it when the different foods on my plate touch). Hah.
3. For breakfast or for dinner? Well, mostly breakfast, but I am becoming more and more okay with meals escaping their “normal” time slots and moving to others just for fun.
4. Preferred syrup or other topping? How about the best side dish? Good ol’ maple syrup. And I LOVE when I can have sausage LINKS (not patties) to dip in the syrup too.
5. Favorite pancake restaurant? Well, I really like IHOP.
Bonus: Any tasty recipes out there, for pancakes or other special breakfast dishes? Bring ’em on! No recipes…sorry!
Added Bonus: When I was little, my mom used to make pancakes in the shape of mickey mouse, kitty cats, and snakes. Much fun!