I’m glad you’re excited. Why not blog more about it, maybe make a list of exactly what you’re excited about. Catch it on paper. I didn’t respond to the advice thing, I am adviced-out.
I feel a little bad about her comment as my post was a general feeling from my life and not specifically the blogosphere. Though it was kinda a response to my post CPM from the day before.
That said, here ’tis, Ruth! : ) Thanks for the great idea.
Really the reason I am excited about having an interview with the CPM is because I am excited about going into ministry. As such, my list will be titled:
Reasons I am excited about my call into ministry
- I have realized the call has on my life is intricately woven into my identity. To step into the call is to step into the way God created me. I think I should say however, that I do not believe it is my call that defines who I am. I believe God who defines me through my call.
- Being that I am coming from a faith background that did not allow me to hear God’s call on my life, having finally hearing it and being in a place where I can put my “yes, Lord” into action is envigorating and inspiring almost beyond expression.
- I love to help people in ways that effect the way they see themselves, the world around them, and their Creator, God. I love to contribute to someones depth of understanding in light of what God has shown me.
- In the spirit of number 2, I love it when depth of understanding leads to changed lives. It’s neat to be used to free the captives and bind up the broken hearted.
- It is REALLY neat to look back on my life and see how God has been shaping my heart for my calling. I now have words to express something of which I previously only had minimal intuitions. I am definitely a work in progress, but I can see how God has humbled me in order to make me a leader who serves others instead of self.
- Being endorsed by session has placed me “under care of” the session. That is comforting and I am looking forward to increased opportunities to learn, grow, and serve under their care.
- In addition to being endorsed by session, should the CPM approve that endorsement, it will (I hope) provide a framework of accountability and mentoring that I desire as I start this part of my faith journey. There are obviously many who have gone before me in this and I covet guidance from this perspective.
- I said “Yes” to God! ‘Nuff said! : )
Okay…I guess that’s all for now. Back to reading A Work of Heart by Reggie McNeal for my Christian Leadership Development course.