1) Favorite Destination — someplace you’ve visited once or often and would gladly go again
Hands down the answer is definitely Paris, France. I have been twice and I simply love it. I would go again at the drop of a hat. (The photo above is a self portrait)
2) Unfavorite Destination — someplace you wish you had never been (and why)
La.gos, Nig.eria. While there are undoubtedly many beautiful places in Nig.eria, I did not get to visit them. I only visited La.gos and it was a sight to remember. While this is my least favorite destination in one respect, it was also the most eye opening so I am glad that I went. The people there live in such squalor. It is unbelieveable really. They have plastic wrappers for things and bottled drinks but no infrastructor to support it. People urinate in the streets and while there are big buildings that make the city look impressive from the coast, they reportedly have no electricity in them. It was eye opening for sure.
3) Fantasy Destination — someplace to visit if cost and/or time did not matter
I think I would go to Australia or New Zealand. I have always wanted to go there. I have never seen a picture of either place that was not beautiful. It seems like it’s one of the only places in the world that is largely untouched by the stupidity of humans. That is probably only partially true, but that’s my perception anyway.
4) Fictional Destination — someplace from a book or movie or other art or media form you would love to visit, although it exists only in imagination
I think I would like to go to Narnia. It’s such a wonderful, magical, mystical place where steel grows into lamp posts, animals talk, and ordinary boys and girls fight to save the world. And oh to see Aslan in all his glory…
5) Funny Destination — the funniest place name you’ve ever visited or want to visit
Well, I used to live on Wickapecko Drive in Wanamassa NJ which everyone always thought was hysterical. My uncles used to call it Woodywoodpecker Drive. : )
Photos by me